Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4: New Year, New Me

Food Journal
Breakfast ~ Serving of Raisin Bran and a cup of coffee with 3 sugars and 3 creams
Lunch ~ Peanut Butter and Jelly on wheat bread with a glass of iced water
Dinner ~ Coq Au Vin with Cous Cous and a glass of iced water

Wii Active Journal: 30 Day Challenge
So today's work out was pretty fun and very low impact. I didn't change the intensity level as I had planned. I thought about it and realized that I'm just getting into the swing of working out every day so I really need to take things slow. After I finish up this 30 day challenge, I'll up the ante.

I worked my upper body ~ how many different ways can I say that I love working with the resistance bands? The cool down included some dance moves, which I totally wanted to rock out but I lack the rhythm. I exceded my projected calories burned again (I have to admit, watching that number click away gives me a little thrill)!

Here are my stats for today:
Projected Calories Burned ~ 79.5
Actual Calories Burned ~ 87.3
Time ~ 16.09
Exercises ~ 16/16

Pedometer Reading
Steps ~ 5323
Miles ~ 2.1
KCal ~ 232.8

Inspired by Bodhi Bear, I decided to go for a walk this morning. It's been a looooong time since I've walked in the cold, much less in the snow.... I had planned to go to the walking trail but ended up walking around the neighborhood (which is incredibly hilly). I took my dog with me and I think he tried to kill me ~ he ran up hill and tried desperately to drag me with him. I think it was payback for taking him out in 2o something degree weather (he shot me a couple of side eye glances too). I don't know when we'll do this again (or if hell let me take him again) but it was exhilerating!
I'm a little disappointed that I didn't have more steps on my pedometer. I'm still showing some increase so that's a positive; I'll do better tomorrow.